How long do you have to send Walmart products that you’re not satisfied with? Are there any restrictions or limitations on what you can return? How can I return the items in the simplest way? In our thorough explanation of the Walmart return policy, you can find the answers to these and many other queries.
What Is the Return Policy at Walmart?
Walmart offers you the option of mailing or visiting a shop to return things that aren’t what you were looking for. Whatever way you choose, be sure to start the process with either the original sales receipt or your Walmart order number. For the majority of the products it offers, the business offers a 90-day return period.
The following list includes the exclusions to this regulation.
|Category of Products||Deadline for Return|
|Wireless Phones||14 Days|
|Hoverboards, Electric scooters, Product care plans|
, Consumer electronics
|Hearing aids, Contact lenses, Prescription glasses||60 Days|
|Outdoor play, Oversized furniture||90 days, but only if shipped via freight|
The following items are available for return within the stipulated time range but with particular restrictions:
- Unable to mount or install tires.
- Tobacco and alcohol must be returned to the original retailer after being unopened.
- Only if you remove any gasoline or dangerous materials before returning the home and garden equipment.
- Items and gifts that are personalized cannot be returned by mail.
The Walmart Returns Policy: Are There Any Exceptions?
Due to safety concerns, the following product categories cannot be returned to the company:
- Snow tires
- Trading cards
- Pepper sprays
- Air and BB guns
- Hygienic medical gear
- Diabetic supplies
- Sex toys
- Pregnancy and ovulation tests
- Home diagnostics testing kits
- Gas-powered recreational vehicles
- Prescription devices and medications
- Used or opened RV sewer lines
- Items bought from dealers or resellers
- Products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine
How Does the Walmart In-Store Return Policy Work?
Returning items in-store is one of the quickest methods. You must first file a return request online in the manner outlined below before bringing the products to the closest store:
- Open your Walmart account and log in.
- The account can be selected by clicking on your initials in the top right corner.
- Choose the precise item you wish to return, then select “Start a Return” from the menu.
- Choose the justification for the return, then select Return.
- Select Return to Store and then Continue
- Click Finish.
- Press Print Barcode.
Alternatively, you can complete this process by opening the Walmart app and scanning the receipt code.
Pack the products and visit the store to confirm the return and receive reimbursement after receiving the store return receipt. Depending on the type of payment you used, make sure you also include the original order invoice or the sales receipt.
You should be aware that Walmart stores cannot offer exchanges. This implies that if you need to exchange an item you purchased, you must mail the merchandise back.
How to return things to Walmart via mail
Initial steps for a mail-in return are the same as those for in-store returns. Simply select Return by Mail rather than Return to Store, and then select whether you want a refund or replacement.
The business will send you an email with a Walmart return shipping label attached. After printing it, attach it to the package containing your unwanted stuff and send it through FedEx or USPS. From the reception date, the process will take two to three weeks to complete.
Can You Return Items to Walmart Without a Receipt?
You can provide additional information to help the shop personnel track down the order or store purchase in issue if you misplace your proof of purchase or leave it at home. People can:
- Check the balance on your credit or debit card.
- Use your phone number or email address to find your order.
Use DoNotPay to handle Walmart returns like a pro
Do you find Walmart’s return policy to be a true nightmare? The process could become much more challenging if there are too many specifics and unclear explanations. Subscribe to DoNotPay to get your return request generated in as little as five minutes if you wish to avoid such problems!
By providing the merchant with information about your purchase and photographic proof, we file a refund claim in your place. What you must do is as follows:
- Log in to your account at DoNotPay.
- Find Item Return Request.
- Provide any relevant details regarding the item or items you wish to return.
- Provide images of the damage or the reason you’re returning the item
After generating a return request letter, the system will send it to the merchant with a specific request for limited-time processing in a matter of minutes.