If you have a brilliant idea and know-how to incorporate it so that you can start earning money trough it is quite an easy task, these days to start your own business thanks to Technology. You can be sitting home and still start a business online without actually have an office or people working under you. Having said that it’s important you follow the Government guidelines while starting a new business and make sure that you are following all the legality.
The most important requirement for any business is to get it registered with a state as legal entities (LLCs, partnerships, corporations) to have a registered agent. These registered agents would have a business address in the state and are going to be designated to receive federal and state legal documents and service of process for your business.
The registered agent other than receiving legal notices will help you out with crucial paperwork, make sure you never miss a deadline while submitting important documents and so on. Also, the agents registered address or office isn’t going to change, which gives you the freedom of changing your address without having to worry. It’s ideally the best option when you have a web-based business.
One of the most important reasons to have a registered agent is you will need to pay penalties for not having a registered agent, you can also lose the business license and potentially face criminal charges.
Now that you know the importance of having a registered agent and you start searching for one, we have compiled a list of top 10 registered agents. You can choose one according to your budget and service provided by them.
List Of 10 Best Registered Agents Services
Incfile was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Their mission is to provide a superior user experience to all their customers. They have reliable customer feedback and reviews available online. They have some of the lowest price points in the industry. Incfile helps in forming LLC, S Corp, C Corp, and Nonprofit.
- File Annual report
- Certificate of good standing
- Change registered agent
- Business license search
- EIN/ TAX ID
- Registered Agent Service at $119/year. Services included are Annual report, certificate of Good Standing, Change Registered Agent, Foreign Qualification, Amendment, Dissolution, Business License search, EIN / Tax ID.
- Silver at $49 for a year + state fee and get a free registered agent for the first year. Services offered are prepared & file the article of organization, unlimited name availability searches, setup business banking account, statement and resignation of the organizer, unlimited phone end email support, standard state filing time and next business day processing.
- Gold at $149 for a year + state fee gets a free registered agent for the first year. Additional services provided are employer identification number/ Tax ID, preparation and filing of IRS forms, operating agreement, operation bylaws, corporation organizational meeting minutes, standard state filing time and banking resolutions.
- Platinum at $299 a year + state tax and get a free registered agent for the first year. Additional services provided apart from a silver and gold pack are business contract templates, free domain name and email service, and expedited state filing time.
CorpNet is a family-owned business which has been running successfully for more than 18 years by a husband and wife. The company provides legal filing service with a personal touch while handling more than 100,000 business. They offer for 100% satisfaction guarantee or money back policy, you can rest assured that it won’t come to that with their nearly flawless customer feedback. Corp Net offers it’s services in starting an LLC, S Corp, C Corp, Professional Corporation and Nonprofit.
- Business Licence, Permits, and Tax.
- Corporate compliance and Annual report.
- Copyrights and patents.
- Business structure.
- File a DBA
- Secretary of State Filings.
- Basic Package at $79 + state tax fee. Services included are Name availability check, Official Filed Articles of Organization, free Corporate Compliance Tool, shipping and handling, and registered agent service for 60 days.
- Deluxe Package at $199 + state tax fee. Services offered are named availability check, 24- hour Document Preparation, official filed articles of Organization, free corporate compliance tool, Obtain Federal Tax ID Number, filing fee, print delivery, shipping and handling and registered agent service for one year.
- Complete Package at $249 + state tax fee. Services offered are named availability check, 24- hour document preparation, Official Filed Articles of Organization, Free Corporate compliance tool, Obtain Federal Tax ID Number, operating agreements and minutes, customized Kit and Seal, filing fee, print delivery, shipping and handling and registered agent service for one year.
BizFilings was founded in 1996 by entrepreneurs Brian Wiegand and Rick Oster and pioneers of the online incorporation services. They have offered their services for 500,000 business in the filing. They also online tools that provide companies the support they need throughout the life of their business. They assist in starting LLC, S Corp, C Corp, Nonprofit, Limited Partnership ( LP) and Limited Liability Partnership ( LLP).
- Franchise Tax Forms.
- Annual reports.
- Online Compliance Tool
- Registered Agent Watch.
- Preparation and filing of all documents.
- Certified Documents
- Registered Agent service at $164/ year. Services include Notice of litigation, Annual reports, and statements, Tax Documents, Managed Filing Service, BuzComply management tool.
- Basic at $99/ year + state tax. Service includes forms of business with the state, service of process for all documents, Online Compliance Tool, Registered Agent Watch. Six months of free registered agent service.
- Standard at $229/ year + state tax. Services include LLC kit and seal, sample operating agreements and other customizable LLC forms, Expedited Processing Service and Registered Agent service Free for six months.
- Complete at $359/year + state tax. Services include Fulfils additional state and Federal Requirements, LLC Kit and Seal, Sample Operating Agreements and another Customizable LLC forms, Federal Tax ID, Compliance DVD, Certified copy of state filed documents, Expedited Processing Service and Registered Agent Service for six months.
4. Zen Business
Zen business was founded in 2015 by a team of entrepreneurs who decided to help others launch their business with the experience and barriers they had to face and that others continue to face. They use technology and automation which makes them fast and low – cost services.
- Dedicated registered agent to handle all state correspondence.
- File required forms with the state.
- Covers annual reports and amendments.
- Personalized Dashboard for easy access to all important documents.
- An expert support system to help you.
Registered Service Agent at $110/ year. Services offered files tax, state and federal legal notices.
- Starter at $49/year plus state tax. Services offered are business filling service, registered agent and operating agreement. 1-2 weeks filing time.
- Pro at $149/ year plus state tax. Services offered are business filing service, registered agent, operating agreement, employer ID Number ( EIN ), worry-free compliance, expedite filling speed. Takes 4-6 business days filling time.
- Premium at $249/ year plus state tax. Services offered are business filling service, registered agent, operating agreement, employer ID Number (EIN ), worry-free compliance, expedite filling speed, rush filling speed, domain name, domain name privacy, business website, and business email address.
If you are starting a new business, Zenbusiness will offer a free service in filling and preparing the necessary paperwork and you only pay the associated state fees. In addition, they also offer dedicated support and personalized dashboard at no charge.
Northwest has been in business since 1998 and known to be the most friendly service available. They are also known for their excellent customer support through phone/ email. Northwest is known for their no-nonsense and no upsells policy, also their services are delivered in a simple, direct manner and focuses on their registered agent service. They give their services in forming an LLC and Corporation.
Registered agent service:
- Change of registered agent.
- Annual Report Filing.
- Mail forwarding and Scanning.
- Federal IRS registration.
- Corporate book and seal.
- Customized Operating agreement.
- Business license registration.
- Customized corporate bylaws.
- All Documents locally scanned.
- Registered Agent Service at $125/year. Services offered are you get a local corporate guide, same Business Day Filing, Operating Agreement or Bylaws, Membership/Stock certificates, and Resolutions and register Agent Service, Annual Report Compliance. Locally scans all documents.
- Basic at $49/year + state tax fees. Service offered are LLC formation service, Registered Agent Service, lifetime customer support. Six-day filing time.
- Deluxe at $149/year + state tax. Services offered are LLC Formation service, Registered Agent Service, Tax ID Number, Operating Agreement and Lifetime customer support. Four day filing time.
- Premium at $199/year + state tax. Services offered are LLC formation service, Registered Agent Service, Tax ID number, Operating Agreement, same-day processing, and lifetime customer support. Two day filing time.
Northwest is the only national registered agent service provider that offers local scanning of every single document they receive on your behalf, unlike their competitors.
Rocket lawyer since it was founded in 2008, has served a whopping 20 million customers which makes them one of the most experienced business services companies in the industry. Along with this, the incredible positive customer feedback makes them one of the sorts after companies in the business. Rocket Lawyer believes in giving affordable and accessible legal services to everyone. They assist you in starting an LLC, C Corp, S Corp, and Nonprofit.
- Business filing.
- Ongoing Compliance Support
- Legal advice.
- Document review.
- Registered Agent Service.
- Nonmember at $149.99/ year for a Registered Agent Service.
- Premium Legal Services Membership at $39.99/ month which provides you a 25% discount on Registered Agent Service. Services offered are Processing Legal documents, Free legal consultations, and Document Defense, Free incorporation filing.
Rocket Lawyer essentially provides legal services through its legal services subscription, which gives you access to their pool of qualified business attorneys. Registered Agent Services is one of the services provided by them which is quite basic, providing the essentials.
Legalzoom was founded in 1999 to make legal help accessible to all Americans via the internet. They have helped 3.6 million customers and have gained wide recognition in the business industry. They have a wide range of independent attorneys to help legal issues related to business as well as personal. Legalzoom provides assistance in forming LLC, S Corp, C Corp, Nonprofit, Sole Proprietorship, Limited Partnership, and Limited Liability Partnership.
- Corporate changes and Filings.
- Business Compliance.
- Business Names.
- Trademark, Patent, and Copyright.
- Taxes, Licenses, and Permits.
- Legal Forms and Agreements.
- Registered Agent Services.
Registered Agent Service at $299/ year. Services offered are court documents, state tax notifications, Secretary of State notifications, Annual Report Notice, Official State correspondence, and Compliance calendar.
Legalzoom does not provide Registered Agent Service in any of its formation packages.
Swyft filings was started by a lawyer in 2012 to help people build their own business. Over the years Swyft Filings have garnered quite a positive reputation in the business by serving tens of thousands of business. They are known for their personal customer support, as they appoint a personal business specialist for individual customers. Swyft Filings helps in starting LLC, C Corp, S Corp, Nonprofit and DBA.
- Managing Business.
- Operating Agreement.
- Corporate Bylaws and Resolutions.
- Sellers Permit.
- Registered Agent Service.
Registered Agent Service at $149/ year. Service given is regular compliance reminders, online dashboard, and automatic renewals.
Their Business formations packages don’t include a Registered Agent service.
Harbor Compliance since opening in 2012 has served 10,000+ businesses. Inspite of being a new company with lesser experience in comparison to the others mentioned in our list, the customer reviews it has on third-party review websites are positive and are best amongst the other business. Harbor Compliance offers services in forming an LLC and Nonprofit.
- Foreign Qualification.
- Business Licensing.
- Annual Reports.
- Registered Agent Services.
- Entity Management.
Registered Agent Services at $99/ year. Services offered are ongoing access to office and online software, receiving documents. ( Get 5-10% discount by paying for multiple years or states)
You get Registered Agent Service along with formation packages for LLC as wells as Nonprofit.
Incorp has been in the business since 1998 and has served 250,000 + customers. InCorp is known for their pricing and gets notable discounts by paying for additional year’s of assistance in advance. They also provide their clients with a convenient tool to help prevent corporate identity theft. Furthermore, they have excellent customer support with long operating hours and bilingual services. They provide their services to form an LLC or a Corporation.
- Registered agent service in all 50 US States.
- Entity Formation.
- Foreign Qualification.
- Federal EIN.
- Business licensing .
- Article of Amendment.
- Copyright and Trademark.
- Managed Reports Service.
- Good Standing Certificate.
- Registered Agent Service at $99/ year. Services offered are receiving all legal and tax-related documents, litigation documents, annual report forms, online filings.
- You save more by ordering multiple years of service in advance with InCorp. The prices are $178/two years, $242/three years, $292/four years, $333/five years.
InCorp has a unique feature called EntityWatch system, which provides real-time information regarding the status of your business entity, and also helps prevent corporate identity theft.